For Students with Financial Difficulties
GIC Sparks & Smiles (Sparks) Award
Launched in 2015, GIC Sparks supports committed Singaporean students from low-income households in making a real difference in the lives of others. The programme seeks to inspire and enable youths in Singapore to play a positive and active role in their communities.
Sparks recipients will be provided a quantum of $6,000 per annum.
Further details including eligbility criteria and application process can be found here.
For FYP Students
Social and Family Research Fund (SFRF)
The Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) provides undergraduates with research funding through its SFRF.
The Research Fund was introduced in 2008 to support research which identifies emerging trends and issues, strengthen the evidence base for social and family development policies and improve the Ministry’s forward planning capabilities. By providing funding support to researchers and allowing publication under the SFRF, MSF aims to promote ground-up research initiatives which can potentially inform and make a difference to Singapore’s social and family landscape.
The SFRF offers two grant categories:
- Honours year undergraduates doing their theses at recognised universities in Singapore.
- Final-year Singaporean undergraduates at recognised overseas universities who will conduct their research in Singapore.
- Funding quantum of up to $1,000 per research project.
- Postgraduates, academics and researchers at recognised universities and affiliated research institutes in Singapore.
- Funding quantum of up to $100,000 per research project (inclusive of the Institutional Indirect Research Cost).
More information about the grant and application process can be found