The Residential Education Programme has recently been introduced in North Hill .
REP Students are housed at the North Hill facilities which is an integrated teaching and residential facility in NTU, and is just across Hall 11. The residential facilities include:
- Three residential blocks to be completed using “Lego-Style” construction of stacking pre-fabricated rooms on top of each other
- The Largest fully-equipped gym (580 sqm)
- Function hall that can be used for basketball, badmintion, etc
- Food court, eateries, shops, lounges, music/dance rooms
- Sky lounges and rooftop gardens with BBQ pits
The dedicated REP teaching facilities include:
- Two Seminar Rooms (capacity 80 pax for Seminar Room 1, 112 pax for Seminar Room 2)
- Seven discussion rooms including 2 rooms with self-recording video capabilities
- Two interactive lounge rooms equipped with LED screens.
- Design Studio to be equipped with CNC Router, 3D Printer, Vinyl Cutter and other Maker equipment.
- Exhibition Space to be equipped with an Interactive Social Wall
The North Hill facilities also feature some of the latest cutting edge technology in the construction industry
- Prefabricated Pre-Finished Volumetric Construction (PPVC), this method saves up to 25 to 40 per cent in manpower
- Energy-saving LED lighting and solar powered systems