As NTU's flagship engineering programme, REP is one of the four Premier Scholars Programmes currently offered by the University.
The REP is a dual-degree programme characterised by the awarding of a Bachelor of Engineering Science coupled with a Master of Science in Technology Management at the end of four and a half years. The Bachelor is awarded by the College of Engineering, while the Master is awarded by the Nanyang Business School.
The Programme includes specialisation drawn from the engineering programme of the six Engineering Schools. Starting from Year 2, students can choose their specialisation in one of these areas of discipline:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The uniqueness of REP is that students get to do their Year 3 overseas at an overseas partner university. They will also participate in their Professional Attachment in either United States, United Kingdom, Europe or Singapore.
The overseas universities are:
- University of California, Berkeley which specialises in engineering, research and entrepreneurship.
- Imperial College London which specialises primarily in science, engineering, management and medicine.
- Northwestern University which specialises in design courses offered by Segal Design Institute.
- University of British Columbia which specialises in engineering, research and cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- University of Toronto which specialises in entrepreneurship and innovation with diverse student life.
- University of Waterloo which specialises in problem-based and experiential learning.