Registration of Calculators
The use of a calculator in examinations is limited to certain models that are approved by the School. Only calculators that have been registered (sealed) are allowed to be brought into the examination halls. Students are to bring the calculators they will use in an examination to the venues mentioned below to be checked and sealed by the School. Students who have registered previously will only need to register again if they have changed their calculators or if the seal on a previously registered calculator is broken.
Please note that for the approved graphic calculators, students are responsible to clear any information and/or programmes stored in the calculator before the examination.
The School has arranged the following period for students to register new calculators or re-register old calculators with broken seals. Please observe the date and time closely to avoid any inconveniences.
AY2018/19 Semester 1
Date: Monday to Friday
Time: 9 am to 12pm, and 1.30pm to 5.30pm
Venue: Premier Scholars Programmes Office, Academic Block North, ABN-B2b-11, Singapore 637335
Apply for Short Leave:
Students must apply for a short leave of absence or medical leave with REPO if they cannot attend classes on the following occasions:
- On days when there are laboratory sessions.
- On days when quizzes or tests are conducted during classes
- On any occasion during the attachment/internship, students must submit leave application or medical certificate via the online leave system under the attachment/internship module in the StudentLink.
- On any other occasions that tutor(s) or lecturer(s) deemed as compulsory for students' attendance.
1. Short leave of absence
Applications must be submitted to REPO not later than 7 working days in advance
of such leave. Applications submitted less than 7 working days in advance will not be accepted. Students should not go on leave during the above-mentioned occasions until approval has been obtained. The application form is available here
2. Medical Leave
Students who are granted medical leave on the above mentioned occasions must submit the medical certificate to REPO.
All medical certificates must be submitted not later than 7 working days
after the medical leave to the relevant offices. If students submit the medical certificate after the deadline, they will be given zero mark for any test or quiz that they were absent from. Medical leave forms are available here
For medical leave taken during examination periods, please click here for the application procedures.
Note: The University only recognizes medical certificates issued in Singapore by Medical Practitioners registered with the Singapore Medical Council or Dental Officers registered with the Singapore Dental Council.
3. Compassionate Leave
Compassionate leave will be granted in the event of the demise of an immediate family member (defined as parents, siblings and grandparents). Normally absence from School within 7 days of the event and on the day of the funeral is accepted as valid leave of absence on compassionate ground.
Categories of leave not approved:
- Returning to home country during festive periods e.g. Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, etc.
- Participating in activities (in and outside campus) organized by student bodies during the various occasions mentioned in the point above.
Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) Option
The University has adopted a policy in which a Course may be graded as Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory (S or U) instead of the normal letter-grade. Several important rules that REP students need to keep in mind:
1. (S/U) Option is available for a maximum of 12 AUs
2. (S/U) Option is not available for Core courses, Major PE.
3. Courses available for S/U Option are all GER at any level (except GER-Core, GER-PE(BM)).
The S/U Option declaration period for AY2018/2019 Semester 1 is as follows.
S/U Option that has been exercised for a Course(s) is irrevocable once the deadline for declaration has lapsed. Strictly no request will be acceded to after that.
For more information on S/U Option, please click here