The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("the PDPA") of Singapore governs the collection, use and disclosure of individuals' personal data by organisations in a manner that recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data and the need of organisations to collect, use and disclose personal data for legitimate purposes.
The coordinating body for PDPA Compliance in the University is the Personal Data Protection Office. Its responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain oversight of the University's compliance with the PDPA;
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies and procedures governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal data;
- Provide advice on compliance matters;
- Co-ordinate the training programme for PDPA Managers; and
- Co-ordinate communication and outreach programmes in the University to promote awareness of the PDPA.
Contact us at DPO@ntu.edu.sg