Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Institute of Structural Biology (NISB) currently has an opening for a PhD-level NMR Research Scientist to be employed as Senior Research Fellow and to act as manager of a new Solid-state NMR Centre. This unique position offers the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of cutting-edge projects in structural biology and materials science. The NMR Research Scientist will be responsible for overseeing NMR spectroscopic activities in the Centre including training of graduate students and post-docs., and be responsible for implementing and optimizing new pulse programs.
The NMR centre is equipped with a brand new Bruker 600 wide bore and a Bruker 800 MHz spectrometer with cryoprobe suitable for NMR micro-imaging, solution and solid state NMR of proteins. Other 400, 600 and 700 MHz spectrometers with cryoprobes are also available at the School of Biological Sciences, NTU.
The NMR Scientist position provides a PhD-level scientist the opportunity to work in a stimulating academic environment, to continue their scientific development and work on exciting research projects in several laboratories and Schools.
- Day-to-day interactions with graduate students and post-docs to provide guidance and refine NMR techniques.
- Develop and provide NMR training to lab personnel as needed.
- Monitor progress of projects and suggest improvements.
- Keep up-to-date on advances in the field by reading the literature and attending meetings.
- Use up-to-date knowledge to evaluate approaches and technologies and make recommendations for improvements to achieve research goals.
- Work and partner with the key PIs to review operational needs of NMR activities, and develop and implement intermediate and long-term goals.
- Position requires a driven, creative individual who is willing to tackle novel challenges and continually work towards process improvement.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Physics, Biophysics, Chemistry or Materials Science with postdoctoral experience preferred.
- Proven track record in high-resolution biomolecular or solid-state NMR with MRI experience preferred.
- Highly advanced knowledge in NMR spectroscopy and experience with modern solid-state NMR.
- Experience with maintenance and repair of NMR hardware.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants please email your full CV, cover letter and all relevant academic certificates to:
Ms Chan Ai Choo (ACChan@ntu.edu.sg).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.