The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, is seeking for a potential candidate for research position.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high profile international research program investigating the relationship between the built environment and human psychology and health. The Research Program has attracted a multi-disciplinary research team interfacing across psychology, engineering, health and sociology.
The aim of the research is to study the short and long term impact of exposure to special environmental conditions (such as underground environment, extreme noise, etc.) to human cognition, human health, social attitudes and wellbeing.
Joining as a Senior Research Fellow, your role will be to design and develop high quality 3D virtual environments with animated objects and people for experimental studies. Also you will need to assist in other aspects of the research project, which includes preparing reports and papers for publication, conducting experiments, etc.
The suitable candidate should have/be:
- In possession of a doctoral degree in related disciplines
- Have at least 2 postdocs experience / 5 years of research work experience after obtaining PhD
- Professional background or demonstrable experience in 3D computer graphics, preferably experience in 3D interaction with virtual environments
- Proficient in 3D software (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, LightWave)
- Self-motivated, independent
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and in a team in a multidisciplinary environment
Applicants should send a cover letter describing their research experience and interests, a curriculum vita, the names and contact information (including e-mail addresses) for three references, and all relevant academic certificates and transcripts to:
Professor Soh Chee Kiong (Email: CSOHCK@ntu.edu.sg).
Please INDICATE "CEE/SRF/JOB BANK ID 2017-0009283" IN YOUR SUBJECT HEADING.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Application closes when the position is filled.