This is an exciting opportunity to join a high profile international research programme investigating the relationship between the built environment and human psychology and health. The Research Program has attracted a multi-disciplinary research team interfacing across psychology, engineering, health and sociology. This environment provides excellent opportunities for career development.
The School of Civil & Environmental Engineering, in collaboration with faculty from the Nanyang Business School, the LKC Medical School, and the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore seeks to fill a postdoctoral fellow appointment. The aim is to study the short and long term impact of exposure to special environmental conditions (such as underground environment, extreme noise etc.) to human cognition, human health, social attitudes and wellbeing.
We offer a competitive package, access to excellent research facilities and an inter-disciplinary and ambitious research program.
- The aim is to study the short and long term impact of exposure to special environmental conditions (such extreme noise etc.) to human cognition.
- The following are good to have: MATLAB SKILLS; Exposure to usage of electrical equipment (such as sound devices, spectrum analyzers etc.); computational/ statistical skills; knowledge of experimental psychology principles.
- A doctoral degree in related disciplines
- Measuring psychological well-being and cognition using surveys or other standardized questionnaires
- Measuring cognitive or emotional responses using experimental and / or physiological measurements
- Experience in collecting health-related data.
- Experience with architecture, design or engineering is a plus.
- Strong computational statistical skills are also a plus.
Applicants should send a cover letter describing their research experience and interests, a curriculum vita, the names and contact information (including e-mail addresses) for three references, and all relevant academic certificates and transcripts to:
Assistant Professor George Christopoulos (Email: Cgeorgios@ntu.edu.sg).
Please INDICATE "JOB BANK ID 2016-0233150" IN YOUR SUBJECT HEADING.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Application closes when the position is filled.