The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University is seeking for a potential candidate for research position in project related to the electrocatalysis and material chemistry.
- The development of electrocatalytic methods of carbon dioxide utilisation to value-added chemicals.
- The project aims to deliver novel and clean methods for removal and utilisation of this problematic greenhouse gas from the environment.
- The position involves conducting research, laboratory supervision of Ph.D. and undergraduate students, dissemination of the results, writing of scientific articles and grant proposals.
- The candidate must obtain a Ph.D. title before the start of the position.
- Ph.D. in suitable field, e.g. electrocatalysis, electrochemistry, material chemistry
- High motivation for research.
- Good written and oral skills in English
- Experience in carrying out independent research as well as to be able to work in a team
- Good publication record is considered an advantage.
Skills, knowledge and abilities in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Good understanding and experience of electrocatalytic processes
- Good knowledge of electrochemistry
- Experience in fabrication, functionalization and characterisation of nanoparticles
- Knowledge and experience in conducting polymers/electroactive materials
- Experience in the use of analytical methods of analysis
- Experience in the use of electrochemical instrumentation
- The candidates who are close to Ph.D. graduation must specify the graduation month and availability to start the positon at NTU.
- Applications from researchers who plan their first or second postdoctoral position are especially encouraged.
Applicants should send a cover letter describing their research experience and interests, a curriculum vita, the names and contact information (including e-mail addresses) for three references, and all relevant academic certificates and transcripts to:
Assistant Professor Grzegorz Lisak (Email: G.Lisak@ntu.edu.sg).
Please INDICATE "JOB BANK ID 2016-0126384" IN YOUR SUBJECT HEADING.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Application closes when the position is filled.