The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University is seeking for a potential candidate for research position as Research Associate. The Research Associate will work on a project to conduct the research on Underwater Energy Harvesting.
The roles of this position include:
- Simulation of water particle movement and fluid-structure interaction using Computational Fluid Dynamics software
- Design, analysis and optimization of underwater energy harvester through mathematical models and simulations
- Design, fabricate and test on harvester prototypes
- Write project reports and scientific research papers for publication, attend and present the research outcomes in relevant meetings/conferences.
The suitable candidate should have/be:
- Master’s degree in Mechanics, Mechanical/Civil Engineering or related field
- Expertise in Computational Fluid Dynamics software (ANSYS Fluent) is highly preferred
- Knowledge on energy harvesting from vibration/flow is highly preferred
- Expertise in mathematical modelling of structural vibration
- Expertise in data acquisition and interpretation
- Proficiency in English
Applicants should send a cover letter describing their research experience and interests, a curriculum vita, the names and contact information (including e-mail addresses) for three references, and all relevant academic certificates and transcripts to:
Associate Professor Yang Yaowen (Email: email@example.com).
Please INDICATE "CEE/RA/JOB BANK ID 2017-0123534" IN YOUR SUBJECT HEADING.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.