One Research Position is available in School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
The research staff will work in a research team on projects in the area of virtual reality (VR) simulator for walking, cycling and electric personal mobility.
The research staff shall write software codes using the System Development Kit of software packages including:-
- Oculus Rift
- Microsoft Kinect System
- Uc-Win Road (simulation software)
These codes should integrate the hardware and the software in the VR simulator.
It will facilitate the communication between physical motion sensors and simulation software.
The research staff will participate in all aspects pertaining to the development of an advanced simulator to be used as an assessment or analytical tool for the design and audit of transport infrastructure including roads, pedestrian pathways and cycling tracks.
Apart from working on technical aspects of research projects, he/she will also take charge of general matters for the projects, including data management, project documentation, demonstration and presentation.
The candidate will be working on a research project focusing on:-
- Master Degree in IT or Computer Science or equivalent field;
- Good knowledge in Delphi or similar programming language;
- Experience in design and development using system development kits (SDK);
- Experience in hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) systems, data acquisition systems, VR systems, hardware and software integration and communication devices.
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- More than 1 year software development experience
Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 2 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates in PDF.
PLEASE INSERT "CEE/RA/Jobank ID 2016-0218745" IN YOUR SUBJECT HEADING.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Application closes when the position is filled.