The project officer will be conducting research for a project on facial image processing and understanding, extending and pushing the frontiers on deep learning-based methods.
The potential topics that the researcher may be assigned to work on include:
- Accurate dynamic 3D reconstruction of facial shape, appearance and motion,
- Inference of underlying personal attributes including but not limited to gender, age, emotions and moods, and;
- Output image/video manipulation such as video-driven facial animation of avatars and caricatures, face relighting and facial attribute transfer between different individuals.
The project officer is expected to do extensive amounts of software coding on the latest research platforms, build and showcase research demo systems, conduct data collection and processing, and be involved in writing research papers. The individual should have high integrity, be self-motivated, independent and proactive, and should work well in teams.
candidate is expected to have a good Bachelors degree in computer science or
related discipline, with strong mathematical ability and programming skills in
C/C++ and Python.
- The candidate must be able to communicate well in English.
- Familiarity with the latest deep learning platforms is preferred.
project experience or publications in a related topic is not expected, but will
be a bonus.
Interested applicants please attach your full CV (including educational background, research and work experience(s), list of publications and highlighting previous relevant experience), the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to Assoc Prof Cham Tat Jen (ASTJCham@ntu.edu.sg).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications close when position is filled.