The Environmental Bio-innovations Group (EBiG) at the Nanyang Technological University is a research group with focus on developing innovative bioprocess solutions to environmental problems observed in the field.
EBiG is seeking a Research Fellow, specialising in Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Environmental Process Engineering to support projects with environmental biotechnology aspects.
- Laboratory work on bacterial and fungal strains isolation from the environmental and infected plant tissue samples, microbial identification by biological molecular sequencing and characterization by 96-well plate, microbe growth test in liquid and solid medium and trial studies in laboratory scale fermenters (maximal 10L).
- Travelling to overseas may be required.
- Paper work on report writing and proposal drafting.
- Min. PhD in microbiology/environmental microbiology/biotechnology would be preferred.
- Candidates with background in environmental microbiology and related lab experience of cultivating microbes would be preferred.
- Previous exposure to plant-soil-microbe interactions would be an advantage.
- Skilled in microbial isolation agar design and agar preparation for microbes (bacteria and fungi) isolation from environmental and infected plant tissues.
- Skilled in in PCR, electrophoresis, DNA sequencing result alignment and interpretation.
- Independent experimental design, implementation and reporting.
- Experience in pure strain cultivation, preservation, and test in litre scale fermenter.
- Familiar with enzyme activity test protocols and ability to implement relevant laboratory tests;
- Experience in trace metabolic products extraction and analysis will be an advantage.
- Experience in field work and sampling will be an advantage.
Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 2 character referees and copies of all relevant academic certificates and transcripts to: NEWRI-HR@ntu.edu.sg
PLEASE INSERT "NEWRI/RF/Jobs Bank ID JOB-2017-0175893" IN YOUR SUBJECT HEADING.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.