NTU’s Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre (IFRRC) is looking for a Senior Research Fellow to work in actuarial modelling for longevity risk (including long-term care, critical illness insurance).
- The candidate will perform theoretical and empirical research of critical illness incidence rates for major critical illnesses (e.g., cancer, heart attacks, stroke, Parkinson’s disease and kidney failure), and analyze the cost drivers for long-term care insurance, considering deterioration or improvement trends, the effect of lifestyles such as diets and smoking habits, and the impact of additional information such as wearables and medical exams.
- The candidate will report to the Director of IRFRC.
- Bring subject matter expertise and management skills to lead IRFRC’s research efforts in longevity, long term care and/or critical illness risks.
- Supervise students in performing data analysts.
- Responsible for the data acquisition, analytics and writing research report.
- Work closely with SCOR Global Life team, and liaise with government agencies at and other industry organizations at an expert and management level.
- The candidate is expected to have a PhD in the field of mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Minimum five years’ work/research experience in mortality and morbidity risks, including longevity risk and/or long term care.
- Proficiency with recent longevity and mortality modeling techniques, as well as Markov and Semi-Markov modeling applied to morbidity risks
- Experience in working with building and maintaining a large database.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, data management and statistical softwares (R and/or SAS).
- Technical profiles with a specialty in epidemiology or social economics/econometrics are also welcome.
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary environment with public and private partners
- Languages: English – fluently spoken and professional level writing.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the indication of the advertisement ID (JOB-2018-0051352) in the subject.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified