To provide holistic support and development opportunities to the NBS undergraduate population which is a major component of the Student Development and Outreach arm of the NBS Undergraduate Programmes Office.
PASTORAL CARE AND STUDENT AND ACADEMIC SUPPORT/SERVICES
- Provide pastoral care, counselling and guidance to students to meet their developmental needs
Support the college in the event of a crisis e.g. psychological first-aid, crisis management and coordinate emergency response planning for the health & wellness of students
Provide administrative and academic support for special needs cases
Work collaboratively with Academic Office for special cases of student requests and ensure that students’ requests are followed-up and processed appropriately and timely
Work with Assistant Deans or faculty to render academic/curriculum advice to students
Provide support for inter-college collaborations and special programmes: inter-school liaison, coordination of activities and organization/execution of student activities, enrichment programmes and out-of-classroom engagements
Administer academic exercises such as Change of Programme, Course Exemptions /Credit Transfers and Specialisation Streaming exercises
Promote and administer external scholarships and awards to recognize academic excellence and leadership potential
Promote and administer bursaries to provide financial assistance to needy students by reaching out to the appropriate target audience timely
Manage the administration of Short/Semester Leave of Absence and withdrawal applications and ensure that applications are processed timely
Provide relevant and appropriate support for ad hoc requests such as referral letters, testimonials, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the education sector
- Related qualifications and/or working experiences in teaching, counselling or social work will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal abilities, meticulous and organized
- Able to work independently and an effective team player
- Mature, warm and approachable personality and enjoys interacting with students
- Experience in organizing events and working with youths
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with simple website operations (eg. updating information in website) would be advantageous
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the indication of the advertisement ID (JOB-2017-0199710) in the subject.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.