Established in May 2011 by the Singapore Economic Development Board and hosted by Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the Institute on Asian Consumer Insight (ACI) is a national research institute whose primary objective is to help companies penetrate Asian markets by providing in-depth knowledge rand thought leadership about Asian Consumers.
ACI spearheads many activities e.g. in-house research efforts, consulting activities, educational training and conferences/seminars, etc. in pursuit of its key research clusters, namely Health, Wellness and Nutrition; Shopping and Consumer Lifestyle; and Digital Behaviour.
A strong team of full-time, in-house research staff is essential to support the Institute’s research efforts and initiatives which span state-of-the-art research methodologies including consumer neuroscience, consumer ethnography and consumer big data and analytics.
More about ACI: http://www.aci-institute.com/
Research opportunity with ACI
The institute is currently recruiting a Research Fellow (RF) to add to its in-house research team. In addition to the core responsibilities of research duties and project management, the RF is expected to work closely with the institute’s Business Development (BD) team to boost business opportunities with the industry and meet the Consumer Insight (CI) needs of clients through the delivery of consultancy projects. The specified roles are:
A) Business Development
• Partner the BD team to identify current and future CI needs of the industry so as to generate new revenue streams
• Act as the institute’s technical capability expert supporting BD at client meetings
B) Research and Project Management
• Lead, plan, organize and manage ACI research projects and industry consultancy projects in collaboration with academic principal investigators as well as BD and in-house research teams
• Conduct and oversee data collection efforts (qualitative and quantitative)
• Perform analysis of data (qualitative and quantitative)
• Compile and present report findings to clients and media
In particular, the RF is expected to helm ACI’s in-house Pan Asian Wave (PAW) project in support of the R&D Director with the key role as ACI’s in-house PAW writer for country-specific reports, thematic-based analytical reports and sector-specific reports. This will also involve working closely with the Marketing Research agencies appointed under the project to ensure the delivery of timely and quality output, generating research output to be provided to PAW sponsors, teaming up with the rest of the in-house research staff to further mine the data for more CI, etc.
C) Publication output
• Author/Co-author academic journal publications with project principal investigators/faculty
• Author/Co-author white papers and articles for the mainstream media and industry readers
• Contribute to ACI’s wider research initiatives through additional administrative tasks including contributing to the writing, collation and submission of external grant applications, securing institutional review board (ethics) approvals for projects, procurement of specialized research services, organizing research workshops/conferences, etc.
• Serve as an ambassador as well as a bridge between industry and the ACI
• Any other duties as assigned by ACI’s Deputy Director and R&D Director
- A minimum of Ph.D. in a relevant field e.g. Marketing, Business, Psychology and/or any other fields related to consumer insight from a research-oriented university.
- Candidates should have at least 3 years of practical work/internship experience working on industry-oriented (preferably marketing-related) projects at a research institute or commercial research agency.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the indication of the advertisement ID (JOB-2017-0199410) in the subject.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.