The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in NTU, one of the largest mechanical and aerospace engineering schools in the world, in collaboration with the Rolls-Royce group, is seeking a suitably qualified Joint Programme Manager to be part of the Manufacturing and Repair Technologies (MRT) programme of the Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab.
The Joint Programme Manager applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to lead project teams and manage project schedule, cost, quality and performance risk to ensure the success of the programme delivery.
Self-motivated and committed individuals who aspire to achieve excellence in programme management are welcome to join our dynamic team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with NTU principal investigators and Rolls-Royce programme managers to oversee and ensure that key metrics tracked, completed on-time and delivered within budgets; as well as always keep the stakeholders’ needs and requirements continuously in view
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, orienting, scheduling and staff advisory services
• Perform project assessments and proactively communicate project status, issues, risks and recommended actions
• Prepare programme status and management reports, providing a real-time and comprehensive view of all allocated projects to management on a regular basis
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and trends; initiating corrective actions.
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing risk review and identify mitigation strategies; resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Define, maintain and enforce all implementation processes, policies and procedures, manage implementation lifecycle; documentation and ensure compliance to audit requirements
• Implement and lead Health, Safety, and Environment (HS&E) in laboratories; Monitor the safety performance of Corporate Lab and ensure compliance to legislative and licensing requirements
• Support on the Corporate Lab renovation and continuous improvement initiative, covering technical or non-technical issues.
• Support day-to-day business operational and administrative activities as well as lab equipment and electrical components/materials procurements and documentation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Project Management – Develop project plans; Coordinate projects; Communicate changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manage project team activities
• Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicate changes effectively; prepare and support those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
• Judgment – Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; support and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develop realistic action plans
• Dependability – Committed to excellent delivery; responds to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- A minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering;
- Excellent skills in Project Management;
- Excellent in Microsoft office application software and SAP;
- Professional experience in managing multiple stakeholders;
- A proactive and resourceful individual who possess good communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Certified in Project Management will be an advantage.
Interested applicants please send your resume to Yeo Swee Hock (Assoc Prof) via MSHYEO@ntu.edu.sg .
Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 2 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.