We are looking for two new Research Fellows to join our dynamic research team at the Institute for Media Innovation (IMI), Nanyang Technological University. This will be an exciting opportunity to be exposed in a cutting-edge and interactive research environment where you will be able to work with a realistic and intelligent humanoid named Nadine as well as several other social robots.
Nadine is the result of cross-disciplinary research in social robotics technologies and has been widely featured in various media outlets, events and conferences such as Channel NewsAsia, Reuters, BBC News, ArtScience Museum of Singapore, World AI Show and many more.
IMI (http://imi.ntu.edu.sg/ ) strives to be an incubator of multidisciplinary cutting edge media related research ideas and establish Singapore as a key player at the forefront of the global interactive digital media revolution.
Our main research goal is to develop social robots that will be conscious of its external environment, surroundings and ongoing situations. In order for these awareness and consciousness to be developed, we need to simulate human perception, based on the electrical activity of the brain, captured by digital EEG (ElectroEncephaloGraphy) technology. Brain states and ERPs will be analysed by using techniques like time-frequency analysis and phase synchrony.
We welcome and encourage potential applicants to apply for this exciting position in our leading research institute.
NTU offers a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment, with both students and faculty members enjoying a host of opportunities for research collaboration with world-leading universities and renowned institutes. There is a strong research culture where innovation and critical enquiry are key features. NTU researchers are immersed in the best of work environment.
The candidates should hold a PhD degree from a reputed university in the fields of Robotics, AI, Machine Learning or Computer Science. The applicants must have experience in one of the following topics as evidenced by publications in high level journals and conferences:
- Human Behaviour Modelling
- AI Machine Learning
- Reinforcement Learning or Adaptive Control
- Human-Robot Interaction and Cooperation
- Multimodal Multiparty Interaction
- Multimodal Effect and Social Behaviour Recognition
Preferred Skill (Not required but will be plus)
- Familiar with real time human-machine interaction software like tracking of human gestures and facial expressions, OpenCV, decision making and dialogue system.
- The Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Deep learning and Convolutional Architecture for Fast Feature Embedding (Caffe).
- Robotic System Integration
Please submit your application with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Statement of support of application explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this post, how you meet its requirements and the experience which you have that is relevant. Please highlight particular achievements
- Curriculum vitae with photo
- Two names and contacts of referees
- Salary expectation
- Availability date
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.