The Institute for Media Innovation (IMI http://imi.ntu.edu.sg/) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU http://www.ntu.edu.sg/) invites applications for the position of Research Associate. IMI is looking for highly skilled and motivated Research Associate who will be able to work on applications for 3D simulation of virtual worlds. The candidate should be able to develop real-time 3D contents including virtual humans and 3D environments. He/she will have to work very closely with the IMI researchers.
• Design real time virtual 3D characters, scenes and environments
• Rig and skin characters for real-time applications
• Prepare real-time animations and blendshapes for interactive applications
• Master Degree in Arts or in Media or in Computer Graphics.
• Excellent knowledge and highly skilled in Maya, 3D Max and related 3D software
• At least 2 years of working experience
• A creative and trained eye to produce quality animations
• Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality
• Ability to create high-poly and low-poly models as well as textures
• Intimate knowledge of human anatomy and form
• Strong organic modelling skills (human faces, clothing)
• Experience tuning (or creating) surface shaders for real-time rendered characters
• Capability to multi-task and a good team-player
• Being able to work independently under minimal supervision
• Experience painting textures in Photoshop, from hand or based on texture reference is a plus
• Knowledge in Zbrush, Mudbox, Motionbuilder is a plus
• Basic knowledge in programming
Interested applicants please attach your full CV (including educational background, research and work experience(s), list of publications and highlighting previous relevant experience), the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications close when position is filled.