The Institute for Media Innovation (IMI http://imi.ntu.edu.sg/ ) at Nanyang Technological University immediately invites applications for Project Officer to work in our leading research media Institute (IMI) in Singapore, in the area of social robots. Researchers will have an opportunity to work in a cutting-edge interactive environment with top equipment including a very realistic human-like robot, several other small size robots. Our robot Nadine has been reported by prestigious press including BBC and Reuters. Our main research goal is to develop functional robots which are aware of the environment and conscious of ongoing situations.
The candidate should hold a Bachelor degree from a reputed University in the field or social robotics or related topics. The applicant must have experience in the below mentioned areas as evidenced by patents, production of new robots, and /or publications in high level journals and conferences.
• Be creative and capable of working in an interdisciplinary environment.
• Proficient in one or more coding language like C/C++, Python, Java etc.
• Hands on experience in one or more listed area: robot motion control, robot navigation or path planning, RTOS, computer vision, computer graphics, 3D modelling technology or AI and deep learning.
• Strong capacity, commitment to research and good communication skills are expected
Preferred Skill (Not required but will be plus)
• Familiar with real time human-machine interaction software like tracking of human gestures and facial expressions, OpenCV, decision making and dialogue system.
• The Robot Operating System (ROS)
• Deep learning and Convolutional Architecture for Fast Feature Embedding (Caffe).
• Experience with 3D printing including design, modelling, processing will be welcome
Please submit the following to email@example.com :
• Statement of support of application explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this post, how you meet its requirements and the experience which you have that is relevant. Please highlight particular achievements
• Curriculum vitae with photo
• Two names and contacts of referees
• Salary expectation
• Availability date
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. NTU offers a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment, with both students and faculty members enjoying a host of opportunities for research collaboration with world-leading universities and renowned institutes. There is a strong research culture where innovation and critical enquiry are key features. NTU researchers are immersed in the best of work environment.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.