The Lead Senior Research Engineer will be responsible for leading software design and development to create an ecosystem of integrated solutions for the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) test-bed that EEE will be establishing at the NTU campus.
• Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions for the ITS test-bed
• Architect, design, and develop software solutions to support the ITS test-bed
• Hands-on development of server side and client side applications with Java/.NET, RDBMS/NoSQL, and web technologies
• Establish a continuous integration environment for the ITS project
• Drive software engineering best practices
• Conduct technical evaluations for various software platform technologies
• Mentor, lead, and provide feedback to software developers in the team
• Work closely with management to shape and effectively communicate solution roadmap
• Keep current on technology trends
Education background/ experience required:
• B.Sc. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering
• 6 – 8 years of working experience as a lead software engineer
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Extensive software engineering development and design experience for complex, scalable, and highly reliable SOA solutions based on JAVA EE/.NET and web technologies.
• Experience with web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
• Experience with both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
• Familiar with configuration management, e.g. Git, SVN, TFS
• Knowledge in agile methodologies such as Scrum
• Familiar with continuous integration with Maven, Jenkins, and Nexus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Assoc Prof Chong Han Joo Peter
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Application closes when the positions are filled.