Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. With about 200 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,300 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world.
A postdoctoral research fellow position is available in the area of Computer Vision/Machine Learning/Robot Perception for a project aimed at developing autonomous search and rescue robots. The successful candidate will work with Prof. Danwei Wang and a group of Research Fellows, Research Associates and PhD/Masters/Bachelors students in the ST Engineering - NTU Corporate Laboratory at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Major responsibilities include:
- Development of efficient 3D feature extraction algorithms from point clouds and/or RGB-D data
- Semantic Labelling of 3D map/sensor data
The applicant must:
- Have completed/near completion of his/her Ph.D in a related field of research.
- Ph.D in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronic Engineering
- Be genuinely excited about validating research results in field experiments using real robotic systems.
- Experience with quadcopters is highly valued.
- Be willing to collaborate with other team members and help and guide junior researchers on a regular basis.
- Be willing to apply his/her knowledge to new topics outside of his/her core interests.
- Be comfortable with software development for robotic systems.
Preference will be given to applicants with following additional skills:
- Extensive C/C++/Python and/or MATLAB programming skills.
- Experience in robotic software development using ROS
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience with standard open-source robotics related libraries such as PCL, OpenCV, etc,.
- Hands on experience with implementing/deploying algorithms on actual robotic systems and conducting field experiments (especially on quadcopters).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Min 3 years of experience in Computer Vision/Machine Learning
Initial contract is for one year with a possibility of extension up to a maximum of three years. An attractive remuneration based on the experiences and qualifications and a standard benefit package competitive with the industry will be provided for the successful applicant.
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume together with a cover letter to:
Prof Danwei Wang
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.