We invite applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for a Research Fellow positions focused on control and management of power systems and power electronic devices.
Candidates should have experience with hardware and software development to integrate load control modules, renewable energy resources, energy storage systems and electric vehicles under various operating conditions in a microgrid.
Specifically we are looking for expertise in the design, implementation and validation of model predictive control algorithms for traditional energy sources, energy storage systems and renewable energy resources and community assessment tools for demand response market participation. The developed control schemes and assessment tools will be tested via the real-time digital simulator and microgrid laboratory prototype at NTU. Candidates should be passionate about working on cutting edge research leading to high impact products and services.
Other research activities may include participating in research discussion with local industries and partners, overseas universities and research centers, presentation at DNV GL (our research collaborator), and writing reports as required by Energy Market Authority (EMA) and National Research Foundation (NRF) of Singapore.
Candidates with strong background in power systems, power electronics and electrical drives and those with experience in power electronics hardware prototype setup and/or software programming are preferred.
• PhD degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
• Expert knowledge in power electronics and power systems
• Hardware experience necessary
• Experience with energy storage systems, renewable energy resources, electric vehicles and/or RTDS/OPAL-RT is highly recommended
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
• Able to work independently and in a team to realize the proposed works
• Able to publish conference/journal papers and commit 1 year of your time in the project.
Interested applicants may send his/her CV and supporting information in PDF to:
Assoc Prof H B Gooi
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. Application closes when the positions are filled.