The Rapid-Rich Object SEarch (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) visual object search, (ii) video analytics & deep learning, and (iii) multimedia forensics & biometrics. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of biometric & face recognition algorithms, APIs, and toolkits. This includes:
Develop the biometric & face recognition algorithm for surveillance application and social media application by using C/C++.
Biometric & Face Database collection for algorithm evaluation
Building APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to the biometric & face recognition algorithm and testing them for functionality and performance.
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate's performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
- Graduate degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering.
- Applicant should have technical skills in computer vision and machine learning.
- Applicants with experience with Face Detection and Facial Feature Point Localization, as well as techniques for other biometrics such as fingerprint, finger vein, iris, palmprint, etc, are highly preferred.
- Ideally, the applicant should have experience working with large-scale datasets.
- Applicant should be comfortable implementing algorithms in languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms, as well as deep learning frameworks like caffe & tensorflow, or CUDA programming would be highly beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work from varied backgrounds.
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.