Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. With about 200 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,300 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world.
The Research Fellow will be responsible for conducting R&D to enhance the throughput of the IEEE 802.11p air interface for car to car and car to infrastructure networking. Topics for investigation:
- To apply 2-time-slot 2-way relaying (or variants) on V2V BSM (basic safety message) messages using dual-antenna RSU with analog/digital network coding to increase the success rate of BSM reception at road intersections for approaching vehicles with obstructed radio LOS, while keeping within the BSM latency limit.
- To design and evaluate joint coding/channel-estimation strategies for high-Doppler-spread V2V and V2I channels using decision-directed channel estimation concept. Specifically, a new class of channel codes called “anytime LDPC convolutional codes” will be investigated for on-the-fly decision-directed channel estimation and joint error correction.
- Keep track of technology trends.
- Design and optimize algorithms/codes.
- Analyse and simulate performance.
- Evaluate effectiveness considering realistic V2X environment.
- Present findings in reports, presentations and meetings.
- Publish results or file IP accordingly.
- Work closely with PI, team members and collaborators to ensure timely and efficient completion of project milestones.
- Ph.D. in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering
- Familiarity with scientific programing, Wifi and Linux OS
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Assoc Prof Guan Yong Liang
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.