We are looking for a highly-motivated postdoc who has the passion in carrying out in-depth research into the development of a new type of active acoustic window and preform comprehensive testing and measurements. The postdoc is responsible to conduct independent research and leads a team of researchers from different research institutes to carry out research activities related to sensing, data analytic, and active sound control. He must be highly familiar with several acoustic modelling and simulation tools to carry out theoretical research that leads to the actual implementation and deployment of the system. He/she will also be responsible to carry out noise measurements, public survey, and be able to communicate well with collaborating partners, government agencies, and public. The applicant must have a specialised knowledge on signal processing, active noise control, noise measurements and able to carry out signal measurements.
- Evidence of good research publications or patents etc.
- Possess leadership capabilities in leading research projects.
- Able to mentor and coach PhD Students.
- Perform theoretical research with strong familiarity with simulation and modelling tools
- Programming skills on C, C++, and embedded programming.
- Strong in algorithm development and data analysis (hands-on)
- Candidate must have a PhD in Electrical Engineering with courses on Signal and System and Digital Signal Processing
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Time manage and able to lead a team of researchers.
Min years of experience:
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Prof Gan Woon Seng
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: EWSGAN@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.