The Rapid-Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) large-scale object database collection and analytics, (ii) scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and (iii) media cloud platform. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following areas:
- Research into Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Lead a Research Team in Visual Search for Bags (eg. backpacks, handbags) and Fashion Products (accessories, jewellery, watches)
- Drafting of proposals for research grants in the above areas.
- PhD degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Must have research experience in Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, and Image/Signal Processing.
- Experience in Soft Biometrics would be an advantage.
- Experience with grant proposals would also be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to:
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Application closes when the positions are filled.