Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. With about 200 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,300 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world.
A postdoctoral research fellow position in the area of autonomous single/multi-robot navigation and perception for search and rescue missions in unstructured/semi-structured 3D environments
The successful candidate will work with Prof. Danwei Wang and a group of Research Fellows, Research Associates and PhD/Masters/Bachelors students in the ST Engineering - NTU Corporate Laboratory at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. It is expected that the researcher would be genuinely excited about validating research results in field experiments using real robotic systems.
The applicant must:
- Have completed/near completion of his/her Ph.D in a related field of research (Mobile Robotics, Electrical/Electronic/Computer/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science).
- Have extensive knowledge in at least one of the following research areas (for single or multiple robots): SLAM, Probabilistic mapping, Path and Motion planning, Trajectory planning and control, Vision for robot navigation, Machine learning for robot navigation.
- Be willing to collaborate with other team members and help and guide junior researchers on a regular basis.
- Be willing to apply his/her knowledge to other research topics outside of his/her core interests.
- Be comfortable with software development for robotic systems.
Preference will be given to applicants with following skills
- Extensive C/C++/Python and/or MATLAB programming skills.
- Experience in robotic software development using ROS
- Experience with standard open-source robotics related software libraries such as OMPL, PCL, OpenCV, etc.
- Hands on experience with implementing/deploying algorithms on actual robotic systems and conducting field experiments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Initial contract is for one year with a possibility of extension up to a maximum of three years.
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume together with a cover letter to:
Prof Wang Danwei
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.