Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. The school is presently ranked 7 in the world by subject according to QS 2015 ranking. We are inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the mentioned positions under the Nanyang Technological University’s “Smart Small Satellite Systems Thales In NTU” laboratory. The research team is led by Prof Low Kay Soon and Mr Simonini Luca.
- Gain real life experience in satellite projects.
- Work in an International environment with engineers from Thales and Thales Alenia Space; Thales is a world class leader in high technologies leading major programs around the World in Aerospace, Transportation, Defence and Security markets. Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales and Finmeccanica, is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures with unrivaled expertise in dual (civil/military) missions, constellations, flexible payloads, altimetry, meteorology and high-resolution optical and radar instruments.
- Involve in a multi‐disciplinary program and conduct research/engineering work from concept to space qualify system.
- Exposure to industry standards in environmental testing from ESA/NASA/launchers/etc.
- Work with a dynamic world class multidisciplinary team and opportunity to excel from one another.
- Opportunity to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree concurrently
- Participate in the development of laboratory flagship satellite program
- Participate in technology development in the area of communication system
- Manage the performance test, analysis and verification of the developed/relevant product
- Ensure the developed/relevant product meets the design/mission requirement
- Responsible for interfacing in satellite space to ground system
- Document all process and implementation
- Manage tasks according to project schedule
- Pilot/mentor both post-graduate and intern student
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from a reputable university
- Fluent verbal and written communications in English.
- Have the ability to work autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment
- Able to implement solution in line with team and individual objective in a deadline
- Programming skills in either Visual C/C++, C#, Java, Matlab, Visual Basic or Phyton
- Some experience in hardware development, space product related development would be an asset
- Knowledge in satellite or space system would be an asset
Interested candidates please send your application materials to:
Prof Low Kay Soon
S2.2-B3-06, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
Please clearly specify in your application which position is applied for.
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.