You will conduct leading-edge research on atmospheric profiling using GPS Radio Occultation technique. The project will be conducted in the Satellite Research Centre at Nanyang Technological University. This university centre is dedicated to support research projects in satellite technology and payload development. The centre has successfully built and launched 4 satellites in the orbit and is in progress to develop the next 3 satellites. The centre has several laboratories (Satellite Design lab, Satellite Engineering lab, payload development labs) 2 clean rooms and a satellite mission control room. It is equipped with simulators, analyzers, fabrication machines, thermal chamber, vacuum chambers etc. Specifically we are looking for expertise in the following area:
- Development of GPS/GNSS receiver for radio occultation and precise orbit determination for LEO satellite
The GPS occultation to derive atmospheric quantities of interest including temperature, geopotential and water vapour is based on the measurement of the bending angle of the GPS signals received by a LEO satellite or ground station. Signal bending angle measurements, however, are often plagued with error sources, such as satellite orbit and clock uncertainties, multipath interference, scattering by atmospheric water vapour, plasma irregularities results in diffractive interference, etc. A pre-requisite for developing advanced GPS receiver for ratio occultation is a thorough understanding of the disturbed GPS signal structure. Candidates with strong background in physics, signal processing and experience in software programming and modelling are preferred.
- Master with good honours in Electronics/Computer Engineering and Physics.
- Fluent verbal and written communications in English.
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities.
- Knowledge in software development process.
- Experience in hardware, firmware and GPS receiver development is highly preferred.
- Able to work independently or in a team in the realization of the R&D work.
- Able to commit 2-3 years of your time in the project.
Interested candidate please send your CV to:
Assoc Prof Erry Gunawan
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: email@example.com
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Application closes when the positions are filled.