The Rapid-Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) large-scale object database collection and analytics, (ii) scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and (iii) media cloud platform. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
One position in large scale image data management is immediately available at the ROSE Lab. The successful applicant will be responsible for collecting image data with meta data, and building image database. This includes:
- Database design
- Storage system implementation, optimisation and management
- Supervising a team of student assistants in data acquisition, annotation and classification
- Working with ROSE Lab researchers to provide datasets for their needs
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
- Masters in Computer Science, or related areas
- Familiar with the database technologies: SQL, relational database (MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server), and efficient database design
- Experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce Programming Paradigm, HBase) and key-value store technologies (such as MongoDB)
- Familiar with programming languages (e.g., Java) and Web based programming (e.g., writing crawlers)
- Knowledge with image datasets and image processing would be advantageous
- Experience in processing large scale datasets is a plus
- Experience in building large databases on cloud platform is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to:
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Application closes when the positions are filled.