.We invite applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for Research Associate positions focused on real-time condition monitoring of gas pipeline and advanced data analytics, signal processing for predictive maintenance.
Position 1: Candidates would be working with fiber optic based distributed temperature sensor for gas pipeline diagnostics.
Position 2: Candidates would be working with the pressure and the flow sensors in the gas pipeline for condition monitoring and diagnostics, which are equivalent to the voltage and the current in the electrical power systems (PS).
Position 3: Candidates would be working on data-driven model for predictive maintenance of the gas pipelines and RFID-based systems for detecting third-party damages and traceability of the gas pipelines.
This is an interdisciplinary research and the hardware and software systems will be tested at real experimental pipeline testrig, providing excellent scopes for hands-on experimentation and validation. Therefore, candidates should be passionate about working on cutting edge research leading to high impact results, products and services.
Other research activities may include participating in research discussion with local industries and partners, overseas universities and research centers, and writing reports as required by Energy Market Authority (EMA) and National Research Foundation (NRF) of Singapore. Candidates with strong background in condition monitoring, process instrumentation, signal processing, embedded systems are preferred
• MSc/MEng degree in Electrical and Electronics/Instrumentation Engineering
• Expert knowledge in process instrumentation (pressure, flow sensors),
• Expert knowledge in fiber optic temperature sensor
• Expert knowledge in signal processing, data-driven models, graphical model, embedded systems
• Hardware experience necessary
• Software experience using MATLAB, LabView necessary, C a strong plus.
• Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
• Able to work independently and in a team to realize the proposed works
• Able to contribute to conference/journal papers and commit 1 year of your time in the project (yearly renewable)
Interested applicants may send his/her CV and supporting information in PDF to:
Prof Abhisek Ukil & Prof Justin Dauwels
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: Prof Abhisek Ukil (email@example.com); Position 1 & 2,
Prof Justin Dauwels (firstname.lastname@example.org); Position 3
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. Application closes when the positions are filled.