Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. The school is presently ranked 7 in the world by subject according to QS 2015 ranking. We are inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the mentioned positions under the Nanyang Technological University Satellite Research Centre (SaRC). The research team is led by the centre director, Prof Low Kay Soon.
- Gain real life experience in satellite projects, with world‐class facility in SaRC and the related world-wide parties.
- Involve in a multi‐disciplinary program and conduct research/engineering work from concept to space qualify system.
- Exposure to industry standards in environmental testing from ESA/NASA/launchers/etc.
- Work with a dynamic world class multidisciplinary team and opportunity to excel from one another
- Opportunity to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree concurrently
- Competitive salary. Singaporean male who have served his nationals service will be considered as work experience.
You will conduct leading-edge research on satellite development. The project will be conducted in the Satellite Research Centre at Nanyang Technological University. This university centre is dedicated to support research projects in satellite technology and payload development. The centre has successfully built and launched 4 satellites in the orbit (they are also the first 4 Singapore-built satellites) and is in progress to develop the next 3 satellites. The centre has several laboratories (Satellite Design lab, Satellite Engineering lab, payload development labs) 2 clean rooms and a satellite mission control room. It is equipped with simulators, analyzers, fabrication machines, thermal chamber, vacuum chambers etc. We are also collaborating with many oversea partners such as DLR, US Air Force Academy, US Air Force Research Lab, Lockheed Martin, Thales, Kyushu Institute of Technology etc. The centre has about 30 full time research fellows, associates and engineers. We are looking for several more engineers from different background to join the team.
Your Job include the following areas:
- Design and develop microcontroller platform
- Analyze system requirements and generate modular specifications
- dentify and qualify components for spacecraft operation
- Build, test and modify prototypes
- Circuit validation and system operational validation
- Test and characterize circuits
- Code and debug in embedded C
- Guide/design printed circuits to comply to EMC/EMI requirements
- Work with team members to ensure smooth integration of various subsystems
- Document all process and implementation.
- Manage tasks according to project schedule
- Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering or related field from a reputable university
- Fluent verbal and written communications in English.
- Experience in 8-32 bit MCU embedded system platform design and programming
- Good understanding in analog and digital circuit design
- Knowledge of various embedded and hardware systems
- Experience in generation of design specification documentation, schematic capture, and circuit analysis and simulation
- Experience with debugging tools such as bus analyzers and spectrum analyzer
- Experience in CAN, SPI, I2C bus protocols
- Complete full product life cycle
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Prof Low Kay Soon
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: EKSLow@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.