The Rapid-Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) large-scale object database collection and analytics, (ii) scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and (iii) media cloud platform. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of image search engines, APIs, and applications using object search technology developed at the ROSE Lab. This includes:
- Porting code from Matlab to C/C++.
- Building deployable image search engines, including parallelising and optimising the algorithms developed by ROSE Lab researchers.
- Building APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to these image search engines and testing them for functionality and performance.
- Developing Web and Mobile applications that will demonstrate the capabilities of these APIs and image search engines.
- Working with industry partners of the ROSE Lab to test and adapt these APIs to their needs.
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering.
- Excellent background in software engineering with Advanced Programming Skills (C/C++, Python, PHP) and knowledge of Software Tools (Eclipse, Netbeans).
- Experienced in implementing mobile applications for image recognition, with good knowledge of Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision, and Mobile Application Development, including knowledge of Matlab, OpenCV, OpenGL and Android/IOS.
- Experience with Machine Learning (eg. Caffe) and GPU Computing (CUDA programming) is preferred.
- Familiar with Windows & Linux (eg. Ubuntu) operating systems.
- Industry experience would be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to:
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Application closes when the positions are filled.