The Rapid-Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) large-scale object database collection and analytics, (ii) scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and (iii) media cloud platform. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following areas:
- Research and Implementation in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition related work
- Research and implementation in Visual Object Search
- Asist in Drafting of proposals for research grants in the above areas.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Must have research experience in Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, and Image/Signal Processing
- Experience in Data Hiding and Soft Biometrics would be an advantage.
- Experienced in implementing applications for image recognition, with good knowledge of Image Processing, Computer Graphics, and Mobile Application Development, including knowledge of Matlab, OpenCV, CUDA, and Android.
- Excellent background in software engineering with strong programming skills (C/C++, Python, PHP).
- Familiar with Windows & Linux (eg. Ubuntu) operating systems.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to:
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Application closes when the positions are filled.