Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. With about 200 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,300 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world.
The person will be responsible for design and implement Cypress-FX2 and Cypress-FX3 based PC-USB-FPGA high speed data link. It consists of three parts: API and driver development on PC (windows 7 or above, Linux), FX2/FX3 firmware development, and digital circuits design on FPGA. The system should be composed of a Cypress microcontroller, FPGA and memory only.
The specific research position involves hardware/software co-processing of real-time sensor data. Specific position duties will include but not limited to:
- Design FPGA hardware
- Design microcontroller software
- Design USB driver and API design on Windows and Linux
- Bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Experience in microcontroller programming
- Experience in FPGA programming, familiar with FPGA architecture, memory organization;
- Experience in USB driver and API development
- Strong knowledge of digital ASIC/ FPGA, clock and timing.
- Knowledge in high speed PCB design
- Proficiency in co-working project development with third-party designers
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Prof CHEN Shoushun
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.