The Rapid-Rich Object SEarch (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) large-scale object database collection and analytics, (ii) scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and (iii) media cloud platform. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of large scale image classification systems using machine learning techniques. This includes:
- Building image classification systems, including parallelising and optimising the algorithms developed by other ROSE Lab researchers.
- Working with industry partners of the ROSE Lab to test the classification systems.
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science & Engineering.
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience in C/C++
• Familiar with CUDA and OpenCV programming
• Familiar with the Linux programming environment.
• Must have research experience in image processing and image classification.
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application closes when the positions are filled.