Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. With about 150 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,300 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world.
EEG interpretation is time-consuming, tedious and reliant on experts who are in short supply. There is a great need for automated systems for complex and transient waveform analysis. However, attempts in developing such systems have been severely limited by a lack of expert-annotated data. To address these issues, we plan to develop a graphical user interface for EEG review and rapid waveform annotation.
- More specifically, in this project we have the following aims:
- Develop spike detection systems
- Develop EEG annotation systems
- Writing technical documents and user guides
The project officer will assist in conducting this research, writing journal publications, and preparing grant applications.
- Bsc degree in electrical engineering or statistics
- Required skills include signal processing, scientific programming, combinatorial optimization, application development - SDLC, Visual C++/C#, SQL, machine learning & data modelling
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Assoc Prof Justin Dauwels
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: JDAUWELS@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.