The Rapid-Rich Object SEarch (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) large-scale object database collection and analytics, (ii) scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and (iii) media cloud platform. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of visual search engines, APIs, and applications using object search technology developed at the ROSE Lab. This includes:
(i) Porting code from Matlab to C/C++.
(ii) Building deployable visual object search engines, including parallelising and optimising the algorithms developed by ROSE Lab researchers.
(iii) Building APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to these image search engines and testing them for functionality and performance.
(iv) Developing Web and Mobile applications that will demonstrate the capabilities of these APIs and image search engines.
(v) Working with industry partners of the ROSE Lab to test and adapt these APIs to their needs.
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Excellent background in software engineering with Advanced Programming Skills (C/C++).
• Experienced in implementing applications for Computer Vision, Object Recognition, and GPU Programming, including knowledge of Matlab, OpenCV, and CUDA.
• Familiarity with Object Recognition for Fashion related items (eg. Handbags, shoes, clothing, jewellery) would be strongly preferred.
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Application closes when the positions are filled.