The Complexity Institute seeks applications for Research Fellow for a project funded by National Research Foundation (NRF) under the Virtual Singapore (VS) program. The position is for up to a 2-year term (with a possibility of extension). An attractive remuneration based on the experiences and qualifications and a standard benefit package competitive with the industry will be provided for the successful applicant.
The successful candidate will be part of a research team working on an exciting multidisciplinary project, in collaboration with Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), funded by National Research Foundation (NRF) under the Virtual Singapore (VS) program. The project is focused on using agent-based modelling and simulation technologies to optimize the preparation and operation of emergency medical services (EMS). The following three specific problems will be addressed in the project: i) EMS provision for incidences at crowded places; ii) evacuation of Emergency Department (ED); and ii) placement of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) in housing estates.
For more information about this project, interested candidates can contact Prof Wentong Cai at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the following page: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/aswtcai/VSPositions.htm
The successful candidate will be involved in driving the project by managing a small team, as well as by providing expertise in technical areas. Good management and supervision skills are a must.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science / Computational Science or related discipline from reputable universities
- Strong research experience in modelling and simulation, optimization, or data analytics
- Excellent publication track record in one of the above mentioned areas
- Strong programming skills on C++, Java, and Python
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently and work in a team
- Goal oriented and ability to meet multiple priorities and timelines
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the development of the project
- At least 2 years of research experience
Interested applicants please send your full CV, a letter of application, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to Ms Ng Bee Wee via email at email@example.com. Please indicate the job reference number in your application.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.