The Research Engineer will provide support to oversee the planning and implementation of IT infrastructure at the Cyber Security Research Centre @ NTU. The Research Engineer will have the opportunities to be involved in various cutting edge technologies and research projects led by reputable scientists and professors.
- Install, maintain Centre’s specific IT/AV system hardware and software, including servers and network according to the University’s guidelines and policies
- Installs, supports, and manages the hardware/software/network components; responds to and develops solutions for component failures and delivers a sound, stable computing infrastructure.
- Research, test and plan for the integration of new information technologies.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Assists in budgeting, sourcing, and raising on-line purchase request for equipment, software, computer accessories and supplies
- Familiar with IT network installations and network components configurations.
- Familiar with OS installation (Linux, Windows client and server)
- Familiarity with Virtualization deployment techniques.
- Familiar with website
- A recognised degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or a related field.
- Communication skill - Good written and spoken English, demonstrate the ability to work in a diverse, international and cross disciplinary research and development environment
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information skilfully.
- Quality management—looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, a letter of application, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to ExecDir-CYSREN@ntu.edu.sg. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications close when positions are filled.