The candidate is expected to design and develop scheduling techniques for mapping and executing large number of tasks on distributed computing systems. He/she is expected to have hands on experience in working with distributed computing systems, including familiarity with distributed file systems. Existing experience with frameworks such as Apache Hadoop is a big plus for this project.
He/she is also expected to work with distributed sensing platforms, based on Android, in order to collect data from large number of users. Experience in writing applications for Android is highly desirable for this.
The candidate will also need to publish his/her research findings in top-tier peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- Good English communication skills.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Experience in task scheduling on distributed computing systems.
- Hands-on experience with distributed computing frameworks such as Apache Hadoop.
- Experience in publishing papers in top conferences and journals is highly desirable.
- Strong testing, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
Interested applicants please attach your full CV, a letter of application, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to ExecDir-CYSREN@ntu.edu.sg. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications close when position is filled.