Research Assistant/Associate for Centre for Research and Development in Learning at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CRADLE@NTU)
The Centre for Research and Development in Learning at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CRADLE@NTU) seeks applications for the position of Research Assistant/Associate for a 1-year term. The Research Assistant/Associate will be an integral members of an inter-disciplinary research lab developing pedagogical innovations for university learning environments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of research projects. This position requires task-orientation, excellent organizational skills, attention to details and accuracy, flexibility in responding to fluid situations, good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
As a Research Assistant/Associate in CRADLE@NTU, you have opportunities to participate in cutting-edge educational research, including
- Education neuroscience
- Computer-supported collaborative learning and informal learning
- Methods of learning, instruction, and measurement
- Manage research data and maintain research records
- Inform study design and collect primary data
- Conduct analysis of data and summarise research findings
- Conduct literature reviews for publications and research briefings
- Assist with preparing academic publications (e.g., journal, conference, book)
- Contribute to the production of research reports
- Contribute to the dissemination of research findings
- Perform other tasks as required by the Principal Investigators
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Psychology, Educational Neuroscience or related discipline
- Good theoretical knowledge of research designs in general
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work within given deadlines
- Self-directed learner who effectively picks up relevant skills as needed
- Good statistical knowledge and data analytic skills
- Prior experience with social science research and/or user-centered design
- Prior experience with academic publication processes
- Good knowledge of Singaporean university structures and settings
- Experience with IRB preparation and participant liaison skills.
- Preference for working collaboratively in teams
- Prior experience in conducting surveys, interviews, psychological testing, cognitive experiments, or neuroimaging studies
- Good knowledge of adult learning and lifelong learning programmes in Singapore
- Prior experience in working with children or older adults
- Knowledge of and prior experience with non-invasive brain stimulation, neuroimaging and/or neurophysiological techniques (e.g., EEG/ERP, tDCS, fNIRS, fMRI) and data analysis
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to email@example.com.
Please download and complete the application form from this link:
and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.