The largest college in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore), the College of Engineering (CoE) comprises six internationally known engineering schools and is home to more than 13,600 students, 570 faculty and 1,700 staff. With its research output ranked amongst the top nine universities in the world, CoE is a recognised leader in innovation and technology. The position of Project Manager (Business Development) is now available in CoE to support the College’s planning, promotion and strategic development of research in collaboration with the industry to achieve its vision and mission.
Reporting to Associate Dean (Research), you will play an active role in coordinating the research endeavours at the College, and working across the Schools to develop position papers, research business proposals and reports with the aim of fostering collaborations with local and overseas industry partners. In this regard, you with work with Schools to strategize industry engagement plans, set up meetings to engage industry players for collaborations and subsequently negotiate and structure research collaboration and Intellectual Property agreements. Accordingly, you should possess a strong understanding of the College’s capabilities and internal resources, developing the College’s strategic business posture amid the opportunities and competitions in the marketplace
Additionally, you will also work closely with the Engineering Schools in the College on various initiatives, programmes and activities in anticipation of national and global funding opportunities presented by the dynamic research landscape, and will need to interface and engage collegially with both internal and external stakeholders. An initial three-year contract will be offered.
Applicants are expected to be highly motivated and versatile individuals with the following attributes and qualifications:
- At least a Master’s degree in the field of science and technology from a recognised university
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior management position, preferably from the tertiary education industry or relevant research industries
- Good knowledge of Intellectual Property
- Proven track record of close working experience with multiple government agencies and companies
- Experience in international research and research management in a higher education institution or National Research Institution will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Singapore’s research landscape (including the national thrusts, funding agencies and funding structures)
- Experience in developing scientific reports and research business proposals
- Interest in science and technology, and related development in the industries
- A good team player with positive work attitude
- Good communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Interested applicants please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Associate Dean (Research) - College of Engineering
Position will be open until filled.