Asian School of the Environment seek to employ a Research Assistant to participate in the development and optimization of DNA sequencing methodology for the characterization of viruses of phytoplankton blooms.
The Research Assistant will be involved in helping with monthly sampling, procurement, maintenance of the sample database and sequencing data analysis.
Required - Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Bachelors / Masters in Biological Sciences
- Experience with searching of sequencing database (e.g. NCBI)
- Database management (MySQL, PostgresSQL, etc.)
- Working knowledge of HTML and Apache
- Basic knowledge of perl, python
- Experience with software for amplicon sequence analsys (e.g. QIIME, Mothur)
- Experience with DNA and RNA extractions from environmental samples
- Molecular biology techniques
- Gel electrophoresis
- Experience with fieldwork logistics
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Interested applicants should submit a CV and short (1-page) synopsis of previous achievements and interests, and the names of at least two referees to ASE_humanresources@ntu.edu.sg.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.