ARISE is a pan-university institute that supports multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research at NTU focusing on ageing-related research, programmes and activities. ARISE’s vision, ‘Empower the ageing community, Improve the quality of life’, corresponds to the institute’s four research thrusts, namely: (i) Ageing Medicine; (ii) Social Integration and Education; (iii) Ageing-in-Place; and (iv) Care & Lifestyle Enhancement.
ARISE’s role is to act as a coordinating body to engage and integrate the efforts of the research institutes, centres, colleges and schools across NTU.This position will be for research under Thrust 4,Care and Lifestyle Enchancement.
Your roles and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, design and conduct individual or collaborative research experiments and investigative studies
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement research programmes
- Management and/or creation of databases for health information
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes and to promote the Institute and its research areas
- Identify sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds
- Liaise with external stakeholders and establish / maintain collaborative relationships
- Write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using media appropriate to the discipline.
- Make presentations at conferences or exhibit work in other appropriate events.
- Assist in the preparation of annual reports and/or contents in research news
- Manage research budgets and other related resources
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned
- PhD in public health or health related field (health services research, population health, health related social sciences, systematic reviews, evidence synthesis or epidemiology).
- Candidate with relevant experience in information management will be an advantage.
- IT savvy and proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of statistical software (e.g. SPSS) will be desirable
Interested candidates are requested to send the application and expected salary with the following ID to:
The position is available immediately and will be closed once a suitable candidate is found.