ARISE is a pan-university institute that supports multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research at NTU focusing on ageing-related research, programmes and activities. ARISE’s vision, ‘Empower the ageing community, Improve the quality of life’, corresponds to the institute’s four research thrusts, namely: (i) Ageing Medicine; (ii) Social Integration and Education; (iii) Ageing-in-Place; and (iv) Care & Lifestyle Enhancement.
ARISE’s role is to act as a coordinating body to engage and integrate the efforts of the research institutes, centres, colleges and schools across NTU.This position will be for research under Thrust 3, Ageing in Place.
Your roles and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, design and conduct individual or collaborative research experiments and investigative studies
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement research programmes
- Management and/or creation of databases for health information
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes and to promote the Institute and its research areas
- Identify sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds
- Liaise with external stakeholders and establish / maintain collaborative relationships
- Write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using media appropriate to the discipline.
- Make presentations at conferences or exhibit work in other appropriate events.
- Assist in the preparation of annual reports and/or contents in research news
- Manage research budgets and other related resources
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned
- PhD with specialization in computer science, social science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics or related fields
- Publications in top venues for AI, data analytics, machine learning, applied mathematics, IoT, or related fields
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience in gerontechnology related research and development will be a big plus
- Highly motivated and committed to conduct both research and development
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to send the application and expected salary with the following ID to:
The position is available immediately and will be closed once a suitable candidate is found.