Career Opportunities in the School of Art, Design and Media (ADM)
The School of Art, Design and Media (ADM), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore is the first comprehensive art school in Singapore. It offers a studio-based professional education in a comprehensive university setting, providing students the knowledge and skills needed to develop and produce groundbreaking artworks and related scholarly activity. ADM also promotes Singapore’s creative culture and identity, and is positioned to play a central role in the transformation of Singapore into a regional centre of media and creativity. Currently, ADM offers a four-year BFA program with six concentrations – Digital Animation, Digital Filmmaking, Digital Photography, Visual Communication, Interactive Media, and Product Design. It is developing a BA in Art History and has started a PhD in Art, Design and Media. ADM's programmes embrace imagination, innovation, and critical thinking within a strongly multicultural and global context, and they foster individual authorship as well as collaboration and cooperation among diverse fields and constituencies. NTU provides excellent opportunities for funded faculty research, and excellent facilities for creative production.
Further information about the School can be viewed at the following website: www.adm.ntu.edu.sg.
Three (3) Faculty Positions in Digital Filmmaking: Cinematography, Producing and Documentary
Applicants in the specialty of Cinematography with expertise in one or more of the following are encouraged to apply for this appointment at ADM:
1) Traditional, contemporary and emergent analogue and digital camera technologies
2) Visual storytelling
3) Camera approaches to genres such as documentary, drama, fiction, experimental film, and visual effects
4) Have a distinct and perennial experience as a professional cinematographer which will enable him or her to teach the students hands-on in aesthetics and practical skills of cinematography including lighting, dollying, use of cranes, drones, etc.
5) Related visual arts (ie painting, photography, animation)
Applicants in the specialty of Producing with expertise in one or more of the following are encouraged to apply for this appointment at ADM:
1) Narrative filmmaking (fiction or non-fiction)
2) Experimental filmmaking
3) Film Editing and/or Post-Production
4) Film Production management
5) Visual Storytelling
6) Related experience and knowledge (ie. literature, experimental film, visual music, visual effects, transmedia, interactive and social media, film history and critical studies)
Applicants in the specialty of Documentary with expertise in one or more of the following are encouraged to apply for this joint appointment between ADM and WKWSCI:
1) Ethnography and social documentary
2) Scientific documentary
3) Journalism and writing for film
4) Data visualization and new technologies
5) Emerging areas in documentary including social media
6) Related arts (ie literature, painting, photography, animation, installation, net-art)
Applicants should possess a strong background in professional filmmaking and also university-level teaching experience, including mentoring of final student practical projects and post-graduate theses. A strong national and international reputation in the field, including a significant exhibition or publishing record, is a priority. A terminal, MFA or PhD degree is a requirement. In lieu of an advanced degree, the applicant must possess significant exhibition, performance, screening or related professional experience in their area of expertise commensurate with appointment at the senior level.
Posted Date: 9 Nov 2017
Closing Date: 7 Jan 2018