I am a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Previously I worked as a Research Scientist at National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA.
My research objective is mainly to develop novel computational methodology and systems (e.g. algorithms, models, software, databases, etc.) to help answer biomedical questions and to improve public health. Currently, I am focused on computational methods of data mining, modeling and simulation in genomics and molecular systems biology (e.g. next-generation sequencing data analysis, signaling pathways, gene regulatory networks), which can be used to accelerate knowledge discovery in life sciences (e.g. regenerative medicine, ageing diseases and cancer therapeutics and drug discovery, etc.).
7th Oct. 2017: Mr. Bobby Ranjan, undergraduate student in the URECA (Undergraduate Research Experience on CAmpus) programme, NTU, has a paper (as the first author) accepted by APBC 2018 (The 16th Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference), Yokohama, Japan, 15 - 17 Jan. 2018. This is a joint work on mathematical modeling of neuronal cell death in Alzheimer's disease, in collaboration with Dr. Chong Ket Hing, a postdoc fellow in Dr. Zheng's group. Congratulations to Bobby and Ket!
- 12th Sept. 2017: The paper by Dr. Ma Lichun, a postdoc fellow from Dr. Zheng's lab, titled "A Polynomial Based Model for Cell Fate Prediction in Human Diseases", is selected for a Best Paper (Gold) Award of BMC Track of InCoB 2017 (The 16th International Conference on Bioinformatics), Shenzhen, China, 20 - 22 Sept. 2017. Congratulations to Lichun!
- Bioinformatics, computational and systems biology
- Data science for Biomedicine and Healthcare
- Data mining and machine learning in life sciences
- Dynamical modeling and simulation of complex systems
- Algorithm design and analysis
Last updated: 15 Nov. 2017