V. G. Reju
INFINITUS, Infocomm Centre of Excellence, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
Phone: (+65)-6790 6462.
Office: S2.B4.b10, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798.
Academic Qualification and Professional Affiliation
· BTech (Kerala), MTech (CUSAT), PhD (NTU)
· Member IEEE
· July 2010 - Present: Research Fellow, Division of Information Engineering, EEE, NTU
· March 2010 - June 2010: Research Fellow, Center for Signal Processing, EEE, NTU
· May 2007 - February 2010: Research Associate, Center for Signal Processing, EEE, NTU
· 1995-2002 - Lecturer, Cochin University of Science and Technology
· Blind source separation
· Array signal processing
· Source localization
§ Journal papers
1. Benxu Liu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, “A Linear Source Recovery Method for Underdetermined Mixtures of Uncorrelated AR-Model Signals Without Sparseness”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2014, In Press.
2. Benxu Liu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong and V. V. Reddy, A GMM Post-Filter for Residual Crosstalk Suppression in Blind Source Separation, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 2014, In press.
3. V. G .Reju, Andy W. H. Khong and Amir Bin Sulaiman, " Localization of Taps on Solid Surfaces for Human-Computer Touch interfaces", IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Vol. 15, No. 6, Oct. 2013, pp. 1365-1376
4. V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh and I. Y. Soon, “Underdetermined Convolutive Blind Source Separation via Time-Frequency Masking,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, Vol. 18, NO. 1, Jan. 2010, pp. 101–116. (Second among the top accessed document from the journal in Oct 2009) ( Matlab code)
5. V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh and I. Y. Soon, “An algorithm for mixing matrix estimation in instantaneous blind source separation,” Signal Processing, Vol. 89, Issue 9, September 2009, pp. 1762–1773. ( Matlab code )
6. V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh and I. Y. Soon, “Partial separation method for solving permutation problem in frequency domain blind source separation of speech signals,” Neurocomputing, Vol. 71, NO. 10–12, June 2008, pp. 2098–2112.
7. V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh and I. Y. Soon, “Convolution Using Discrete Sine and Cosine Transforms,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 14, NO. 7, July 2007, pp. 445–448. (Second among the top accessed document from the journal in July 2007). ( Matlab code )
§ Conference papers
1. Kai Wu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, Multi-source direction-of-arrival estimation in a reverberant environment using single acoustic vector sensor, ICASSP 2015, Accepted.
2. Kai Wu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, Single-channel speech enhancement in a transient noise environment by exploiting speech harmonicity, ICASSP 2015, Accepted.
3. Rohith Mars, V. G. Reju and Andy W. H. Khong, "Frequency Invariant Fixed Beamformer for Interference Cancellation", Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference, 9-12 Dec, 2014 (Invited paper).
4. Arun Kattukandy, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, "Source Localization on Solids Utilizing Time-frequency Analysis of Parameterized Warped Signals" ICASSP 2014.
5. Benxu Liu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, A Preprocessing Method for Underdetermined Blind Source Separation Using Single-Source Confidence Measure, International Conference on Information and Communications Security 2013.
6. Benxu Liu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, Underdetermined Instantaneous Blind Source Separation of Sparse Signals with Temporal Structure using the State-Space Model”, ICASSP, 2013.
7. Benxu Liu, V. G. Reju, Andy W. H. Khong, Underdetermined Blind Speech Separation Using LPC and Sparseness, In Proc. of ICSPS 2011
8. V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh and I. Y. Soon, “A Robust Correlation Method for Solving Permutation Problem in Frequency Domain Blind Source Separation of Speech Signals,” In Proc. of the IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1891–1894, Dec. 2006.
9. V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh, I. Y. Soon and X. Zhang, “Solving permutation problem in blind source separation of speech signals: A method applicable for collinear sources,” In Proc. of the Fifth International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, pp. 1461–1465, Dec. 2005.
10. V. G. Reju and Tong Yit Chow, "A computationally efficient noise estimation algorithm for speech enhancement", In Proc. of the IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems, pp. 193-196, Dec 2004.
1. Wai Hoong KHONG, Vaninirappuputhenpurayil Gopalan REJU, Amir Bin SULAIMAN, Kattukandy Rajan ARUN and Woon Seng GAN, “A METHOD OF ESTIMATING TIME DIFFERENCE OF ARRIVAL”, WO/2013/009264.
Selected slides from my PhD oral examination seminar
My PhD Supervisor: Prof. Koh Soo Ngee
My project team